Translate

Monday, May 9, 2011

Does anyone remember Michigan J?

So it has been almost six months since my our last entry. Dare I apologize?

Anyway, again we have had our ups and downs within our household. Sometimes being frustrated with each other, Daddy, medical insurance and the likes. Although our schedule is much better, it is still sometimes difficult because we are so exhausted some days. But there are other days we feel as if we can conquer the world through Christ.

So far, we have had a few therapy sessions in which Daddy did not participate AT ALL! I think we get more out of him when we try and do it ourselves. :-/

One day, the speech therapist came after months of my mom trying to obtain an appointment. Now, it is hilarious as I think back on it. But at the time, my mom was fuming! Hahaha! Yes, I guess you can hardly imagine Opal Armstead being any kind of upset. But ooooh was she!

Well, the therapist came tried to do some sort of evaluation, but Daddy would not open his mouth! Ha! He said absolutely nothing. Nada--not one word. My mom said she felt so foolish trying to convince the therapist that Daddy, does indeed talk....sing, laugh, etc.

OMGsh! I could only imagine how foolish she must have felt, as well as appeared. Now, I must tell you this has happened twice! The second time was a surprise visit. Marna even tried to record him to prove it. The therapist told us that he actually needed to see and hear Daddy speak to analyze his swallowing and movement of tongue. So after he spent almost 30 minutes with Daddy trying to make him, rather waiting for him to speak, he had to leave. My mom said, it wasn't even two minutes after leaving our home, Nuk came in the room and started chit-chatting with her Grandpa as they always do, and you know what happened, right? Yes, James Armstead was just-a talkin' and blowin' kisses back and forth between he and his baby. Unbelievable!!

So now you know my why Mommy was furious. Lol! When I came home from work, she told me the story. She said that she is DONE! She said that she is not going to force the issue, push it, or try and make him do anything. Because Daddy obviously is going to do what he wants to do--when he wants to do it. Well, I don't think this is anything new for James Armstead. Oh well.

In the meantime, I have been calling him "Michigan J-ames". Does anyone remember him? The singing frog? Well, I was a Looney-Toones fanatic as a child. I LOVED cartoons--still do! To give you an idea of what it has been like. I have attached the cartoon below.




Oh yes, by the way, I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!

--June

1 comment:

  1. tadalafil 20 mg is used to treat erectile dysfunction in men. It increases blood flow to the penis to help men get an erection. it works by helping to relax the blood vessels in your penis, allowing blood to flow into your penis when you get sexually excited.

    ReplyDelete