Translate

Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

As I mentioned in this morning's post, today is Daddy's 70th birthday. Well we just returned from a visit at the rehab and guess what we found out?

DADDY COMES 
HOME SATURDAY!

Yaaay! Wooo-Hooo!

Yes, it was a shock to us too. We have so much to do and so little time to do it. We thought we had a couple of weeks, but now we only have a couple of days. We haven't seen him smile in a very long time. But today, he was smiling the best he knew how. :-))

This morning I was watching Joel Osteen and he preached on being open to the way God will do things, and not how we expect Him to do it. As my mom and I drove to visit Daddy this evening, I shared with her what the message was about. LOL! I love the way God always seems to prep me for what He is about to do, usually within the very same day, if not the next. Hahahaha! I have learned that I am NEVER really ever prepared in the natural sense, but I AM learning how to be open, more like preparing my heart for whatever God decides to throw my way. Hahaha! Maybe that is what He really means by "preparation"--to just have your heart open. Be it unto me (us), Lord according to YOUR will!

--June

No comments:

Post a Comment