Translate

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sacrifice

Well a couple days ago I got a call from my friend who was telling us that we needed to do everything possible to make sure our dad knew we cared for him and that we loved him and supported him through all that he was going through in his recovery.
I thought to myself that, I was... at least I think I am. Right?! I am. We are... aren't we?!
I thought of all the trips back and forth to the hospital no matter where he was. Someone was going with my mother everyday. If it wasn't me, June took her. We sat for as long as we could during visiting hours after finishing up business, and for me securing a sitter (if I needed to) and getting out to the hospital visiting him, watching him, telling him we love him, supporting him, praying for him, advocating for him, whatever he needs making sure we do our best to see that he gets it, and keeping a hawk's eye on every medical professional that has anything to do with his care, talking to his doctor's and not taking "no" for an answer. I think his Armstead women have it well covered. I believe we are putting forth a pure and honest effort and doing the best we can and that if there are any cracks in "the system" the Lord will show us and give us the favor and wisdom to correct it.
This morning I woke up from a dream. In it, the Lord basically confirmed what my friend said about supporting and sacrificing for my dad. He then took it a step further to go deeper so I could understand the absolute selfless sacrifices required. The Lord pointed out that my dad is here to finish up some business/ministry for him and that is important, but He wanted me to understand the sacrifice my dad made for us.
Not only has my dad given his life to love and support his family, to train his children to be decent and proper God-fearing women and business women. He taught us to think for ourselves and if we could dream it we could find a way to make it happen (if its God will). He (and my mom) have undoubtedly supported everything we have done WITHOUT QUESTION! But there is a another deeper level to this whole new situation. My dad had basically died, and was given the chance to come back.... and he chose to do it-- PURELY FOR HIS FAMILY! He was already in heaven before Our Father God, in paradise! He chose to come back to this world of disease, pain, suffering. He has stuck in there with us FOR US! He is truly going through an ordeal FOR US! My daddy loves us! I mean if you've read the blog you've seen all the dismal reports of heart attack, and recovery, infection and blood clots, kidney issues, UTI and bowel infections, and he will undergo intense and probably painful physical, occupational, and speech therapy, stemming all for his love for us and not wanting to "leave us hanging." I truly love my father and I am now understanding the life of sacrifice he lives on SO MANY LEVELS!
The Lord further revealed to me.... This is the same kind of sacrifice He has done for us. He left eternity to come down to earth and SUFFER through this life and even die for us so we can have the chance (if we freely accept it) to be with Him in heaven when we leave our world of pain and suffering and disease (dis-ease) on Earth. He said to make sure your readers know how to get to me. Its easy and the best decision you can make. I say decision because as always you are free to take it or leave it. No one will force you. But, if your are interested say this prayer aloud:
Lord Jesus, forgive me of all my sins, wash me in your Holy Blood. I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for me, and was buried and raised on the third day by the Father. I open the door to my heart to receive the Lord Jesus Christ in to my heart as my Lord and Savior. I claim healing mentally, physically, spiritually, emotionally and financially. Thank you Lord for saving me! I pray You save my family and direct me to a church home that will teach me Your will for me in my life, and how to live for You! In Jesus' name I pray, AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. diltiazem 180 mg it belongs to the group of anti-hypertensive medicines called calcium channel blockers. is used to treat mild to moderate hypertension high blood pressure also prevent angina pectoris chest pain. High blood pressure is a condition in which the pressure in the blood vessels is improved.

    ReplyDelete