Translate

Friday, June 18, 2010

Well...

So today I went with my mom to see my dad. To be honest he looked a bit disoriented today, a lot of blank stares and staring off into nothing. He was talking but he sounds kind of like a small child when they are learning to talk you can make out some words but you can't always complete the sentence or thought. So that's kind of what its like right now. Anyway, the last few visits he has been asking us to read scriptures to him, and one time he was talking about something being "bright" and then something about him "dying" and a "light" i can hardly wait to hear what he has to say when he's finally able to really speak well.
My cousin came by to see my dad today while we were there. He sat down and i told my dad that it was his nephew coming to see him. He started talking and my cousin (his nephew) was able to understand him, and he even became easier to understand during his visit, he was dozing off and on and in and out of sleep. My cousin told me what they were talking about. He (my cousin) said my dad was saying that [my dad] didn't like people seeing him with the wires and in the hospital like this, and that he wanted to go home. He also said he has a lot of things he wants to say but they aren't coming out his mouth right, but he said there was a lot on his mind. He said he will do his physical therapy because he wants to go home. That was good that was the most we've gotten to understand fully from him in a long time. My dad fell asleep for a long time and my cousin left... when my dad woke up he said, "what happened to the guy i was talking to?" I said, "daddy you fell asleep for a while and he finally left." My dad just looked around like hmmmm ok.
I decided ask him, "do you know who I am?" He said "no." **Sigh** it was a little sad. and i remember the nurse telling us that some days he may remember and some days not, and that overall it's going to take some time for his memory to come back to him fully, and we have to be patient. And I am... It was just sad he had no recollection of me (as of now) but he will soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment