Translate

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Text Message from Marna

Marna Armstead (10:49 pm): Please join me in a prayer for my dad. Please pray exodus 4:11-12 for my dads speech. He's speaking but having a hard time he's very sad and frustrated.

The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

Exodus 4:11-12 (New International Version)


-----------------------------------------------
My mom and I visited my daddy this evening. He was really talking alot tonight, but I couldn't understand or make out what he was saying. After asking him to repeat everything over and over again or to slow down, he got very frustrated and yes....he began to cry. Sigh. Ugh! We have NEVER witnessed my daddy cry before, ever. So this was very disturbing. I began to stroke his head and tell him it is okay and to be patient with the process. It was an entire 15 minute pep talk of what God has told us and how we would never give up on him, so he could not give up. I told him that God promised that he would talk and walk again even better than he had before! To this, he looked at me. I even told him that he has been a good daddy and has supported us, been there for us, and has done EVERYTHING for us! Should he really expect any less from us?? We have been to the hospital everyday to see about him, advocate for him when he couldn't for himself, look at him, stroke his head, hold his hands and talk with him, even if we don't understand all that he is saying. He is still here and he is STILL our Daddy! God gave him back to us! Ooooh he tried so hard to hold the tears back. This experience makes me realize just how vulnerable we all are, even your daddy. I asked him would he be patient, like we are being patient going through this entire process with him and he told me okay. I even reminded him that he just started talking a week ago and he had not spoken in over a month. He was in a comma for an entire week and this is going to take whatever time necessary. I know that he is frustrated and we are too because we see how frustrated he is, but DON'T give up. He would never allow us to give up or tell him what we "can't" do. It (that word can't) was not allowed in our household. I asked him does he believe what God has spoken to us about him? He gave me a weak, "Yup." That was good enough. He allowed me to pray over him, and to just thank God for his life and to ask God to give us more patience and remove all of our frustrations while we trust Him for what He has said He will do. And He WILL DO IT!!! I told Daddy that we love him and we want him home, just as bad as he wants to be home, but we will trust God for His timing. That is what Daddy would tell me, so I in turn told him the same thing. 

Yes, this is all very hurtful and I cry too at night. But I see God moving and doing something very special with our family and I am anxiously awaiting the wonderful results!
But as it is written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” 
1 Corinthians 2:6-9 (New King James Version)

I choose to trust you with this process My Lord and My God,
June

1 comment:

  1. tadalafil 20 mg oral jelly is a drug that works by preventing and Increased blood flow leads to an erection. It is safe to use and effectively cures impotence and diseases associated with PDE5 inhibitors.

    ReplyDelete