Translate

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

So sorry...internet issues at home

I remember the Saturday before Father's Day, my mom and I visited Daddy. As a family, we were debating if we should or should not acknowledge Father's Day the next day in front of him. We decided not to because we didn't want to upset him further. We figured he was not aware of what day it was anyway. Well, we were wrong. As we arrived to the hospital and stepped off the elevator, we heard two male nurses in his room wishing him a Happy Father's Day on tomorrow. Ugh! Change of plans. Lol! One nurse mentioned he only had three daughters and just one granddaughter. I remember daddy looking over at him and saying something we could not make out. But the look was, "I hear ya, man!" Hahaha! Poor daddy, he's lived in a house full of women for at least 50 years.

I also think that was the day he asked me, "How was life?" when I walked in the room. I looked at him and started laughing. I responded, "Mine is great, Daddy! And I am glad to see you. How is yours?" He replied, "I'm good (or) great." I just thought that whole conversation was funny, because he is the one confined to a hospital bed. :-| Lol!

Later that evening, I prayed over him and he prayed too. Then I sung, God is an Awesome God to him. He smiled while I sang and said, "Yes." I guess he could testify to that song first hand. He eventually dozed off talking in his sleep.

On Father's Day, we sat with him a couple of hours. My mom and I arrived and Nicolas (my nephew) was already there. Pico (Nick) had already been there an hour or so just sitting with his Grandpa. When we walked in and wished him a Happy Father's Day. He was sort of sleep. But the first thing he said was, "Nick was here!" I told him that Nick was still there and had not left. He had a confused look on his face. I told him, "Pico has been here just sitting with you. You can't see him from the bed." Pico got up and said, "I'm still here Grandpa." He walked over to daddy's bed and held his hand. Daddy looked up at Nick and smiled. He was so happy to have his grandson there. You could tell that daddy was very proud. We prayed together, and again, daddy prayed too. We couldn't make out all of what he was saying, but we knew that he was praying over us as well. We stayed a little while until he dozed off to sleep.

On Monday, the 21st, I was finally able to attend church again and it felt good. I had not been able to go since all of this had happened. Our schedules have been so chaotic with running my daddy's business, our individual businesses, household responsibilities, checking in on daddy, hospital visits, and just our own personal lives, etc. It seems as if there are not enough hours in the day. Rather, it felt that way before, but NOW, it REALLY is like that. Now that daddy is back in SF, maybe, just maybe things will calm down a bit.

There is still more that I need to update on the blog, but I am tired. My first client is at 7:30 this morning. I better get a little more rest before getting ready for work. Whew! I'm sleepy, but praise Jesus, I have a job! Amen? You have to learn to appreciate even the small things. Lol! Thank you, Lord.

I will try to update last weeks events later today. Our internet at home is down or acting up--something Marna tried to explain to me. Shrugging shoulders. All I know is...Hallelujah for AT&T's 3G wireless cards! :-o

--June

No comments:

Post a Comment